JILL GOLDEN MS RDN
2010 | Present Developer and Instructor for Research Chefs Association Online courses.
I developed and teach these courses to train research chefs in food science. The courses are designed to prepare chefs for the Certified Research Chefs (CRC) exam. The course includes extensive information in Canvas Learning Management System, and weekly online meetings which are recorded for later viewing.
2017 | 2017 Online Course Accessibility Reviewer, Orange Coast College
2017 | Lead Instructor Preventive Controls for Human Food, Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance
2013 | 2014 Chair Southern California Institute of Food Science Section (SCIFTs)
2008 | 2012 Online Coordinator
Orange Coast College | 2701 Fairview Road, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. As online coordinator I worked with the faculty to select a learning management system, established online guidelines, trained faculty on site, and completed course online addendum. Designed and taught the online course, Teaching and Learning Online for Coast faculty.
1980 | 2012 Program Coordinator and Instructor Food Science & Nutrition, Retired
Orange Coast College | 2701 Fairview Road, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Developed curriculum, and taught courses in nutrition and food science. I developed and taught the online nutrition course and Lifecycle Nutrition the Later Years.
- 1989 | Master of Science, Food Science and Nutrition, CSU Long Beach
- 1968 | Dietetic Internship, Veterans Administration Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
- 1967 | Bachelor of Science, Home Economics with Emphasis in Dietetics, CSU San Jose
- Distinguished Service Award, Southern California Institute of Food Science Section (SCIFTs) 2017
- President’s Award, Research Chef’s Association 2012, in honor of contributions to the advancement of Culinology®.
- Exceptional Service Award 2012 , Orange Coast College
- Research Chefs Association www.Culinology.org
- Institute of Food Technologist www.IFT.org
- Southern California Section of Institute of Food Technologist www.SCIFTS.net
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Registered Dietitian www.eatright.org
- Sailing, I sail with an all women’s team on a Shock 30/30 boat. We do in the bay and outside races year round.
- Ballroom Dancing, I compete in waltz, tango and foxtrot as well as social dancing.
- I am the grandmother of 3 lovely young grandchildren and spend as much time as I can with them.
- I love to travel and have been all over the world, including sailing trips to the Caribbean, Tonga and Tahiti. I have also visited Peru, Machu Picchu, the Galapagos, The Netherlands, and other European countries.