Hope all is well with you. I just wanted to write you a quick note to let you know that I wrote my exam on the 18th and passed with a 90% score. I found the two courses I took from you to be extremely helpful in preparing me for the exam, and wanted to thank you for putting together such great courses. I could not have succeeded without them.” Mark Corrigan CRC®, Research Chef, Cavendish Farms
I am offering two, totally redesigned 10-week courses to prepare you for the CRC Exam. It is recommended that you start with Food Science Basics but not required.
- Food Science Basics
- Food Processing Basics
Weekly live meetings:
All webinars are at 3 PM Pacific (6 PM Eastern) and last about 1 hour Thursday afternoon/evening) . Webinar registration information will be sent about a week before the class starts. All webinars are recorded for later viewing.
Course materials are in Canvas Instructure and include assigned readings, content, quizzes, reflective discussions and flash cards. Course materials are available 24/7. An invitation to join the Canvas will be sent about one week before the first meeting.
RCA Recommended textbooks:
- Elementary Food Science by Vieira, Chapman Hall Publishing
- Essentials of Food Science, 4th Edition, Vickie A. Vaclavik and Elizabeth W. Cristian, Springer Publishing
- Culinology: The Intersection of Culinary Art and Food Science, Research Chefs Association, Editor: J. Jeffrey Cousminer
- Textbooks can be purchased online through Amazon or other websites, used texts are often available
These are pass/fail courses; you must earn at least 80% of the possible points to pass the class. If problems arise please contact me immediately so we can make arrangements for you to finish the course. A Certificate will be mailed to you on completion of the class.
- Online meetings, attendance – 20 points each
- Quizzes – 20 points each
- Course Survey 10 points
- Reflective Discussions – 15 points each
- Final exam 90 points
I am available by email and phone 7 days a week. It is my goal to provide as much support as necessary to assist you in succeeding in the course.